In line with the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, a day has been set to practice sports, under the theme “Emirates Unite Us. The initiative paves the way for people of determination, children, and seniors to practice sports activities befitting them in a simple way that brings meaningful benefits to them, besides spreading happiness and positivity amongst community members.
This is a sports day of a national nature, involving aerobics as well as sports, recreational, promotional, communal, educational and competitive activities, which epitomize the cohesion of community segments and reflect the intimacy, harmony and positive interaction among multi cultures living peacefully and happily in the UAE.
- Mar 7, 2019
- Public sector including all employees in local and federal institutions.
- Private sector including all employees in private sector organizations.
- Sports and cultural federations, clubs and institutions
- All resident communities in the UAE.
- Youth, human and communal authorities and public benefit organizations.
Families, children, youth and elderly people
- Mar 7, 2019
The UAE National Sports Day involves the participation of all citizens and residents living in the UAE, be it young or old, males or females, disabled or otherwise.
About The EventThe UAE National Sports Day_
Suggested activities and programs
- Recreational games
- Popular games
- Promotional games
- Competitive games
- Quality games
- Educational and awareness programs related to health, sport, environment and national identity
- Folkloric and cultural heritage of kinetic nature
- Festivals oriented to families, children, youth and elderly people.
- Any other programs or projects reflecting the concept of the National Sports Day